Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Birmingham based Engineering/Manufacturing client to recruit for an experienced CMM Inspector to work the night shift, Mon – Thurs, 8.30pm to 6am.
Based within the Quality department, the CMM inspector will be responsible for creating programs for the CMM machine both from model and drawing, inspect components using CMM and manual methods whilst utilising continuous improvements, structured root cause analysis, define control methods and product validation.
Tasks and duties :-
- Inspect manufactured and incoming product geometry of a variety of incoming material and products, using standard and CMM based measuring instruments and techniques
- Using PC-DMIS Software, operate and create programs to run the CMM machines, to inspect first piece, in-process, final, and first article inspections on components and assemblies
- Ability to program in PC-DMIS from CAD model and engineering drawing is essential
- Ensure material and incoming product meets contracted standards
- Assist in the training of other inspectors to become CMM Operator / programmers
- Routine inspection of defective and machined components using traditional tools such as verniers, height gauges and micrometres
- Raising and managing non-conformances in line with SOPs and the QR/DR process. Giving advice on problem resolution
- High level of attention to detail the measurement and assessment of component features, and associated supporting documentation
- Analysing specifications and technical drawings ensuring tolerances are adhered to and machined components are fully controlled to the requirements set within the technical drawings
- Demonstrate outstanding organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of programming (to CAD model and drawing) and operating CMM using PC-DMIS and understanding CMM capability
- Relevant experience in programming CMM machines and in standard gauging inspection using Calipers, Micrometre’s, thread gauges, height gauges etc
- Experience of operating within a global manufacturing/ technology business and a balance of working both strategically and operationally
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and work to tolerances. Knowledge of metrology principles and GD&T is desirable
- Be able to demonstrate relevant experience of dealing with understanding and implementing customer quality and technical requirements
- Competent level of computer literacy e.g. MS Office Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), EFACS
- Can-Do, Will-Do attitude, with the ability to problem solve anddetermination to continually improve the business with a creative approach for new idea generation
This position is being offered on a permanent basis attracting a salary of between £35K-£40K depending on experience, plus excellent company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.