Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Birmingham based client to recruit for an experienced CNC Setter Operator to work Double Day shifts, Monday to Friday.
5.45am – 1.30pm Mon to Thurs (12pm finish Friday)
1.15pm – 9pm Mon to Thurs (11.45am – 6pm Friday)
Working within a Lean Production environment you will be required to set and operate CNC machines effectively and efficiently producing high quality components to customer spec.
- Machining a variety of components in different batch quantities within required standards
- Checking the quality of all parts manufactured to ensure they are within tolerance
- Operating a machine within the manufacturer’s recommendations, checking the fluid levels
regularly and reporting any faults as soon as reasonable to Production and Maintenance Departments.
- Programme editing and proving within operator’s capability
- Multi-machine manning to enhance machine spindle time on the CNC machines
- Reading and interpretation of CNC programs, editing of speeds and feeds if required
- Reading and interpretation of manufacturing and customer drawings
- Use of measuring equipment e.g. CMM/Vernier/micrometres.
- Ensuring continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers
- Experience and knowledge of working in a similar role within a precision engineering/manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of setting and operating CNC Machinery i.e. Fanuc controlled and
experience of programming in ISO
- Relevant engineering qualifications such as a recognised apprenticeship is desirable
- Experience of Small Batch Work and 1-5 offs is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of working from engineering drawings and works instructions.
- Experience of tight tolerances (+/- 0.02mm)
- Understanding of the use of macro’s
- Experience of working with and to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Element
- Experience and knowledge of MRP / ERP systems e.g. EFACs
- Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques
Salary upto £34K, plus excellent company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.