Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Birmingham based client to recruit for an experienced CNC Setter Operator to work the PM to AM shift, Monday to Thurs, 8.45pm to 6.00am.
Working within a Lean Production environment you will be required to set and operate CNC machines effectively and efficiently producing high quality components to customer spec.
- Machining a variety of components in different batch quantities within required standards
- Checking the quality of all parts manufactured to ensure they are within tolerance
- Operating a machine within the manufacturer’s recommendations, checking the fluid levels
regularly and reporting any faults as soon as reasonable to Production and Maintenance Departments.
- Programme editing and proving within operator’s capability
- Multi-machine manning to enhance machine spindle time on the CNC machines
- Reading and interpretation of CNC programs, editing of speeds and feeds if required
- Reading and interpretation of manufacturing and customer drawings
- Use of measuring equipment e.g. CMM/Vernier/micrometres.
- Ensuring continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers
- Experience and knowledge of working in a similar role within a precision engineering/manufacturing environment is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of setting and operating CNC Machinery i.e. Fanuc controlled and
experience of programming in ISO
- Relevant engineering qualifications such as a recognised apprenticeship is desirable
- Experience of Small Batch Work and 1-5 offs is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of working from engineering drawings and works instructions.
- Experience of tight tolerances (+/- 0.02mm)
- Understanding of the use of macro’s
- Experience of working with and to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Element
- Experience and knowledge of MRP / ERP systems e.g. EFACs
- Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques
Salary upto £38K, plus excellent company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.