Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Solihull based manufacturing client to recruit for an experienced Materials Control handler, to be based out of their plant.
You will be joining the planning team to provide support for materials control, working for an expanding holding organisation.
This role involves a variety of tasks with potential for development, growth and ownership.
Tasks and duties :-
- Timely receipt and processing of all materials at goods receiving using SAP
- Safe and coordinated storage of all materials using FIFO principles
- Timely processing of all goods issues to internal and external customers
- Liaise with production and Material and Inventory controllers to agree packing and despatch timelines
- Packing of all outbound shipments to ensure integrity and protection of materials.
- Removal of swarf, used coolant and oils from the factory and store as required
- Organisation of areas of work using 5S principles
- Maintain stock levels of transportation boxes, wipes, plastic bags etc and initiate replenishment through purchases as required
- Participate in the ongoing improvement of the systems used within the department in accordance with the requirements of: ISO 9001
- Deliveries to sub contracts if required
Skills and Experience:-
- FLT licence holder (counterbalance)
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent ) in English and Maths
- Clean full UK driving licence
- Experience of working in a warehouse/stores environment
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 would be an advantage.
Hours of work are Mon to Thur 7am to 3pm, Fri 7am to 1pm.
Salary £20K to £22K depending on experience plus many company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.