Alma Personnel have been instructed to recruit for an experienced Manufacturing Technician – CNC to be based out of their facility in Solihull.
Your aim is controlling, updating and maintaining CNC programmes alongside the setting and operating of equipment used in the manufacture of high precision components.
- Manufacture, inspect and certify components to defined specification
- Set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the Company’s defined product
- Control, update, back up and maintain issue of CNC programmes
- Monitor tool life and aid in the developing of process control by utilising pre-control & statistical process control techniques
- To ensure accurate booking to production orders within SAP
- In conjunction with the team leader/supervisors adopt lean manufacturing and continuous improvement opportunities to optimise productivity
- Optimisation of machine cycle times, tool life and machine ‘up’ time
- Assist in the development and operation of manufacture to cost
Skills and experience:-
- HND/HNC in a engineering capacity and/or equivalent proven experience.
- Experience in operating appropriate CNC machines with the ability to finesse the cutting process as required, advantageous
- Experienced in programming CNC machines preferred
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to engineering drawings with a detailed knowledge of G,D &T
- Operation of optical and tactile CMM equipment advantageous
- Capable of multi-tasking and with high levels of attention to detail for both manufacture and documentation
- Must be flexible to work shifts as and when required.
My client pride themselves best in class in what they do, with a global reputation at stake, they will only recruit the best candidates for job.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.
Excellent company benefits and on site parking, salary between £21K to £28K