Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Birmingham based manufacturing/Engineering client to recruit for an experienced Manufacturing Technician (lapping and Deburring) to work a two shift early and late shift pattern.
Salary being offered is between £23k and £25K plus 18% shift allowance.
Responsible for the manufacture of fully conforming components and assemblies to a prescribed, efficient and timely manufacturing method.
Optimise detailed production methods, tooling, fixtures and programmes in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineer. Proactively pursue continuous improvement opportunities. Support the Team Leader in achieving all departmental and individual objectives and KPI’s.
- Manufacture, inspect and certify components to defined specification
- Set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the Company’s defined products
- Setting and operating lapping machines/tools and finesse the cutting process
- Deburring/assembling machined components
- Monitor tool life and aid in the developing of process control by utilising pre-control & statistical process control techniques.
- To ensure accurate booking to production orders within SAP.
- In conjunction with the team leader/supervisors adopt lean manufacturing and continuous improvement opportunities to optimise productivity
- Optimisation of machine cycle times, tool life and machine ‘up’ time
- Assist in the development and operation of manufacture to cost
Skills and experience:-
- Apprentice trained, HND, HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent proven experience.
- Experience in operating lapping machines with the ability to finesse the cutting process as required advantageous.
- Experience of component assembly and deburring advantageous.
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing, production facility advantageous.
- Competent in the use of shop floor metrology equipment i.e micrometres,vernier’s.
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to engineering drawings with a detailed knowledge of G,D &T
- Operation of optical and tactile CMM equipment advantageous
Hours Early Shift
Hours of work 06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Thursday with one 30 minute paid break
Hours of work 06:00 to 13:00 Friday with one 30 minute paid break
Hours of work 13:45 to 21:45 Monday to Thursday with one 30 minute paid break
Hours of work 12:45 to 19:45 Friday with one 30 minute paid break
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.