Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Birmingham based manufacturing client to recruit for an experienced Night Shift Team Leader to be based out of their plant where high precision engineered products are produced.
Salary package £30K to £40K (inclusive of shift allowance), Mon t- Thur, 8.45am to 6am.
You will lead team members during out of hours ensuring that production targets are met, whilst leading continuous improvements techniques.
Ensure components are manufactured in line with customer and company standards.
Experience and knowledge of working in a similar role within a precision engineering/manufacturing environment
Knowledge and experience of setting and operating CNC machinery ie Fanuc controlled and programming
Relevant engineering qualification as well as working from engineering drawings and works instructions.
Able to populate inspection sheets, tolerances (+/-0.02mm)
- Assist the Value Stream Leader in their absence
- Carry out pre-start briefings before each shift
- Update planning boards
- Assist with managing day to day production levels
- Understand KPI’s being able to demonstrate impacts on business
- Raise any potential regarding delivery of daily/weekly/monthly targets
- Assist stream leader with planning of labour allocation maximising efficiency and production targets
- Ensure internal systems are kept up to date
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping
- Ensure the team understand their responsibilities HSE, Targets, SOP’s and KPI’s
- Assist VSL in the induction of new staff
- Deputise VSL, attend meetings
- Participate in cross functional teams
If you have had experience in working and leading a production team producing high precision engineered products, then apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.