Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Birmingham based manufacturing client to recruit for an experienced Planning MRP Analyst to be based out of their plant.
You will be providing an integrated production, planning and scheduling service to internal and external stakeholders utilising the internal MRP and ERP systems ensuring the right resources are available to meet customer demands and on time delivery of major projects.
You will also be responsible for the maintenance and use of the MRP and ERP to schedule production of products in line with standard operating procedures whilst eliminating operational waste.
Utilising the Seiki manufacturing system inclusive of work scheduling, creating production queues and reports.
Utilising the planning PDCA board as well as creating and updating all planning documentation.
Duties and responsibilities :-
- Create production, work, shipment schedules, conferring with production control and supply chain
- Inventory levels and solving production problems
- Ensure efficient updates to the EFACs and Seiki systems and to the product part plans in MS Project against product progress on the shop floor
- Upload daily management of all systems including the Seiki scheduler and the ERP system to support Operations and loading of new orders
- Planning and forecasting the right volumes of materials, goods and products
- Producing reporting as required, including for the departmental PDCA board and OEE reporting from Seiki
- Support creation of Level Loading plans for machine shop and assembly in accordance with the Production Control team and production planning process.
- Undertaking planning activities to ensure targets are met and optimise manufacturing efficiency, stock levels and costs
- Continually review ways in which to make improvements and make the material planning process, ERP/MRP system, capacity planning and manufacturing process more efficient
- You will need to have at least 3 years relevant planning MRP analyst/capacity planning experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience of Process Flow, ERP and MRP (Manufacturing resource planning). Experience of EFACs is desirable
- Experience of batch planning within engineering/manufacturing desirable
- Excellent knowledge of work scheduling, production and procurement planning
- Processes and lead times and job costing
- Have or willing to obtain security clearance
- Strong IT skills, MS Office and advanced Excel skills and the ability to learn new software packages
- Qualification in an Engineering or related discipline
- Competent use of mathematics, statistics, forecasting and management of information methods and techniques
- Strong organisational, analytical and project management and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Experience of working in a lean environment
Salary Circa £30K plus excellent company benefits.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.