Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Solihull based precision engineering client for an experienced Production Manager to be based on site.
Production Manager core remit will be to ensure the build plan is achieved in line with business requirements, defining measures, tracking and improving production efficiencies in line with the budgeted plan, assuming overall responsibility for the day to day running of the Production areas at the Solihull facility. Working with the Management Team to develop, set the pace and implement business transformation and continuous improvement strategy. A key focus is to outline the direction and deployment of Lean Manufacturing methodologies across all manufacturing cells, reporting savings through to the Senior Management Team.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day management of the manufacturing cells/areas and team members
- Provide leadership and guidance all employees within the department focusing efforts to achieve on time in full delivery.
- Implement and control production schedule to meet the build plan
- Monitor capacities, efficiency, effectiveness, absorption and output requirements; proposing solutions to meet the production build plan and ensure sufficient competent resource is available to achieve targets.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of all data input and documentation.
- Support customer requirements.
- To set up, lead and actively pursue systematic continuous improvement activity within the area/team. Establish and monitor agreed KPI’s, to include but not limited to Schedule Adherence, Cost of quality & productivity, reporting monthly outcomes to the management team.
- To ensure that communication lines are in place with other departments in developing methods/procedures to improve departmental efficiencies, New product introduction and product quality, driving continuous improvement through appropriate KPIs and Lean methodologies/tools.
- Responsible for the management of material flow through the manufacturing process from receipt of raw material to packing prior to handover for dispatch.
- Responsible for meeting the planned preventative maintenance schedule and implementation of required maintenance of all plant machinery, ensuring compliance with all regulatory and insurance requirements, negotiate purchase prices and lead times within guidelines set out by line management
- To ensure that health & safety procedures in the department are understood and adhered to.Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programmes to meet quality objectives
- Ensure all direct reports are working towards their agreed objectives and that their performance is reviewed at least annually
- Conduct annual appraisals and development reviews for direct reports and ensure the necessary actions are implemented, including the identification of training requirements and the implementation of training programmes to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensure departmental budgets are achieved.
You will need to be HND/Degree or equivalent in an engineering capacity and/or proven work experience in a similar type machining environment.
Experience of implementation and management of a lean manufacturing, production facility.
- Knowledgeable & highly experienced in machining processes and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate with people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop people within the organization. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a team while working under pressure.
Demonstrated ability to project manage activities such as commissioning of new plant, shop floor reorganisation and machine installation.
If you feel you have the right skills, attitude and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.
Excellent company benefits and competitive salary.