Alma Personnel have pleasure in recruiting for an experienced CNC Setter Operator for their Solihull based manufacturing client to work nights.
You will be required to work on a permanent night shift as follows: Mon – Thurs 9pm to 6.45am.
Salary 22K to 27K plus shift allowance, OTE circa 32K
You will be joining a team of Manufacturing Technicians in a busy manufacturing environment using state of the art CNC machines and equipment to produce critical high precision components. These components are then assembled by our global build plants into a wide range of Mass spectrometry instruments
Key tasks and duties:-
- Manufacture, inspect and certify components to defined specification
- Set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the company’s defined products, with an eye for detail and a “Right First Time” quality mentality
- Monitor tool life and aid in developing process control by utilising pre-control & statistical process control techniques
- Ensure accurate booking of production orders within SAP
- In conjunction with the shift supervisors adopt lean manufacturing and continuous improvement opportunities to optimise productivity
- Working with the Engineering team, optimise machine cycle times, tool life and machine ‘up’ time with TPM
- Assist in the development and operation of manufacture to cost
- Experience in operating appropriate CNC machines with the ability to finesse the cutting process as required, advantageous.
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing, production facility, advantageous
- Experienced in programming CNC machines preferred
- Apprentice trained, HND, HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent proven experience
- Highly numerate team player with the ability to work to high standards and exacting targets
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to engineering drawings with a detailed knowledge of G,D&T
- Operation of optical and tactile CMM equipment advantageous.
- Capable of multi-tasking and with high levels of attention to detail for both manufacture and documentation
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this role.