Alma Personnel have been instructed by their Solihull based manufacturing client to recruit for an experienced CNC Setter Operator to be based out of their site to work nights.
You will be joining at a very busy time for our client working along side a team of Technicians using the very latest CNC machinery and equipment to produce critical high precision components. These very components will then be assembled by their global build plants into a range of instruments.
Hours – Nights
Mon to Thurs 21.00 to 06.45
Key tasks and responsibilities:-
- Manufacture, inspect and certify components to defined specification
- Set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the company’s defined products, with an eye for detail and a “Right First Time” quality mentality
- Monitor tool life and aid in developing process control by utilising pre-control & statistical process control techniques
- Ensure accurate booking of production orders within SAP
- In conjunction with the shift supervisors adopt lean manufacturing and continuous improvement opportunities to optimise productivity
- Working with the Engineering team, optimise machine cycle times, tool life and machine ‘up’ time with TPM
- Assist in the development and operation of manufacture to cost
- Experience in operating appropriate CNC machines with the ability to finesse the cutting process as required, advantageous
- Experience of working in a lean manufacturing, production facility
- Experienced in programming CNC machines preferred
- Apprentice trained, HND, HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent proven experience
- Highly numerate team player with the ability to work to high standards and exacting targets
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to engineering drawings with a detailed knowledge of G,D&T
- Operation of optical and tactile CMM equipment advantageous
- Capable of multi-tasking and with high levels of attention to detail for both manufacture and documentation
Some UK and overseas travel maybe required (if applicable)
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would be suitable for this position.