Alma Personnel have are recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing & Production Supervisor for their Solihull based manufacturing client to work nights.
Salary 43K to 48K plus shift allowance OTE circa 55K
You will be required to work on a permanent night shift as follows: Mon – Thur 9pm to 6am. You will be leading a team of Manufacturing Technicians on our small but busy manufacturing night shift using state of the art CNC machines and equipment to produce critical high precision components.
Key tasks and responsibilities:-
- To plan and implement labour requirements in line with production requirements as provided by Materials & Planning department
- Manage set and operate equipment used in the manufacture of the Company’s products
- To liaise with Engineering, Quality, Materials & Planning and other Supervisors to ensure timely manufacture to due dates
- To ensure effective use of work in progress tracking, capacity management and schedule adherence tools as necessary
- To plan and schedule work load in accordance with delivery requirements
- To stay abreast of developments in manufacturing methods and attend training courses as appropriate
- Day to day supervision of the manufacturing cells/areas and team members
- Providing Leadership and guidance to all employees within the department focusing efforts to achieve on time in full delivery whilst meeting quality standards
- Assisting in the recruitment, induction and performance management of employees or prospective employees
- Conduct annual appraisals of team members, reviewing prior year objectives and identifying areas of future focus
- Identify the training needs of team members and other nominated persons as required, provide or arrange training as appropriate and maintain training records and skills matrices as required
- Ensure improvements are made in accordance the requirements of the Quality system ISO 9001:2015
- To lead and actively pursue systematic continuous improvement activity within the area/team, monitoring via established KPI’s as required. This to include but not limited to Schedule Adherence, Cost of quality and productivity
- To ensure accurate booking by team members within SAP
- Ensure team members maintain documentation and records in accordance with the company’s defined procedures
- Maintain the effectiveness of the Quality system at the sites via adherence to applicable policies and procedures
- Complete Quality System related actions in a timely manner according to procedures e.g. CAPA, NCR
- Adhere to Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures. Implement and maintain safe working practices specifically within the area of responsibility but also feeding into the wider safety agenda as necessary.
- To ensure the compliance of good housekeeping methods and conduct 5s and EH&S audits, implementing corrective actions as appropriate
- Apprentice trained, HND, HNC in an Engineering discipline or equivalent proven experience
- Minimum 5+ years of proven supervisory experience within a similar machine shop environment manufacturing high tolerance components
- Good written and oral communication skills are required for reporting and effective communication with staff, peer groups, etc across the organisation.
- Must be able to work independently and communicate with all levels of the organisation
- Computer literate – knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel an advantage – in order to produce reports, analyse data etc effectively.
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to Engineering drawings
- Experience in programming, setting and operating appropriate CNC machines and to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced team members
- Highly numerate team player with the ability to work to high standards and exacting targets
- Ability to manufacture and inspect to engineering drawings with a knowledge of GD&T
- Operation of optical and tactile CMM equipment advantageous
- Capable of multi-tasking and with high levels of attention to detail for both manufacture and documentation
Some UK and overseas travel maybe required.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, apply now stating why you would suitable for this position.